Third pore




Good morning honey lemons,

       Today I want to share with you my absolute favourite makeup product for acne/skin picking. I discovered this product a couple years back and it I use it everyday. It’s the industrial strength concealer called Boi-ing created by Benefit.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, wash off my spot treatment and see all the red marks left behind, my stomach sinks, my fists clench and my eyes fill with tears. I’m sure we all know that after you wash your face, everything looks much worse but once you let your skin calm down the redness subsides a bit. But in the moment, its near impossible to remember that and all I can see in my reflection is imperfection. My OCD kicks in and my skin begins to crawl. I have the urge to take my nails to my face and pull down. But I resist the temptation and I immediately grab my concealer and begin my routine of layers. With that first layer of the concealer I can feel my muscles relax. With the second layer I can feel the tears on my face begin to dry. And with the final layer, I take a couple steps back from the mirror and finally breathe. I try so hard to forget about any pain my skin is causing and just focus on the oxygen that’s making my heart beat. Those couple steps away from the mirror allow me to actually see myself and not just my imperfections. It reminds me that I am more than the skin on my face. This concealer is my Lorazepam, my tranquilizer. I bring it with me everywhere I go.



The concealer comes in a little round container that makes it super easy to apply to your finger or a brush (I don’t suggest using your finger because it’s not sanitary and can cause more pimples!!) It also comes in a variety of different skin colours. I have #1 for the winter and #2 for the summer. The formula is pretty thick but that’s what makes it so effective at covering up redness and bumps. I typically put my first layer on the spot and then let it to fully soak in/dry for a couple minutes and then I will put a second layer on. I finish off by covering the spot with a layer of MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. After that process my spot is pretty well gone! Obviously if I have a bump the it is still noticeable under bright light but at least the redness is gone and in darker lighting you can’t see anything! So if you’re looking for a quick fix that can help you feel a bit better about your skin I highly suggest this concealer. It’s not magic, but it definitely helps relieve a bit of anxiety and compulsive thoughts about the spot. Gives my mind a little freedom which is better than nothing.

Hope this helps! Leave comments about any makeup products you guys think are effective.

Be worry-free xo.

K.

Comments

Popular Posts