Second pore

Good morning,

   Last night I went to bed with clear skin! (You have no idea how happy this makes me.) BUT this morning I woke up with a small pimple on my forehead... a small pimple that I couldn’t stand. This pimple probably wasn’t noticeable to anybody but when I looked in the mirror that’s all I could see... an angry red bump yelling, “touch me, squeeze me, pop me!” So, I ended up giving this pimple all of my attention for a solid half-hour. The more attention I gave this pimple the bigger it got... Now, I am left with not only a very large swollen bump on my forehead BUT also a nice dark red, open surface wound. WooHoo... so how do I proceed to live life? Here are my saving tricks and de-stressors.





1. The video you see above is a coping mechanism for me. I have always loved photography and taking pictures of people. But my favorite part is the editing. I love editing faces, well specifically skin and especially my own skin. Using the “blemish” or “airbrush” tools is beyond satisfying for me, but it is also a very helpful coping mechanism. If I have a really bad picking day and I have one or multiple wounds on my face, I will upload a photo of my blemished face to my favorite App ever, Airbrush. Quick run down, Airbrush is a photo editing App that is very user (and selfie) friendly. I then eliminate all of the blemishes in the photo to remind myself of a couple things. First, blemishes are temporary and they will go away. Second, I really don't look that different with or without blemishes and third, I am beautiful, even with imperfections. I am also very guilty of using this App to make my nose smaller, which is another (not as severe) obsession of mine. But doing this is soothing and therapeutic for me and it passes a lot of time. So next time you are obsessing, give “Airbush” a try.



2. My next saving grace are hats. I have become a hat collector because I find them extremely useful for my “bad days.” When my confidence levels hit the floor and I am feeling antisocial, depressed and ugly, I just throw my favorite cap on and somehow I feel like I put on an invisible cloak. If I am having an especially bad day, I throw my glasses on too and then I really feel like Julian from Big Daddy. Obviously, I don’t become invisible but having that extra coverage boosts my confidence enough to go out and face the world, do what I need to accomplish and then crawl back to the comfort of my bed feeling proud of myself for surviving another bad day.

Have a wonderful day, be worry-free xo.


Comments

Popular Posts